Sunday, March 6, 2011

Forever Dreaming

I've always dreamed big.  As a young teen I had a crush on Davy Jones from the Monkees, and I used to drive my parents crazy by singing their hits, loudly, into forks and spoons as I washed the dishes!
They thought I was dawdling, but I knew I was auditioning, for the first female lead for the Monkees and for  Davy Jones' future wife!  Mind you I can't recall of a time the Monkees toured Iowa Park, Texas or wandered down Karen Lane where I lived, but that didn't matter--I knew it could happen.  My mother worried that I really didn't see myself accurately, and she was right!  I didn't.  I was a chubby little girl from Texas with a wobbly soprano voice, but I dreamed big!

I still do.  I am not satisfied being a writer.  I want to be published.  I am not satisfied with oil painting.  I want my art to be hung in a museum.  I don't want to just lose weight, I want to run a marathon!  Those dreams may or may not come true, but my biggest dreams are not dreams at all.  And I don't have to wait to see whether they will come true...they already have.

I want to live forever.  I want to sing with the angels a song that never ends.  I want to live in a mansion made and designed for me by Christ Himself.  I want to thank Him for choosing my favorite colors for the sunset and the walls of my mansion.  I want to sit down with Peter and ask him how he managed to recover after denying Christ three times.  He might ask me how I managed to recover after hurting my best friend.  Or maybe we will both have forgotten those earthly sins.  I hope so.

What I really want to do is walk the golden streets and see the faces of souls who are there partially because I told them about Jesus.  I want to walk arm and arm with my husband, knowing although we won't be husband and wife, we will live forever together in paradise, with none of the worries we have had on this earth.  I want to see my children, grandchildren, great grandchildren and their children playing together on the heavenly fields, the laughter of children ringing in all of our ears.  I want to see friends from all different nationalities joining in song in a land where none of us are strangers.  I want to see my sick friends well and my sad friends joyful.  I want to hug the people who couldn't accept a hug here on earth and gaze into the eyes of those who would never meet the gaze of others.  I want to rejoice with everyone to have left the world behind and to be in our eternal rest with God our Father, with Jesus His Son and with all who entered there before us.  I dream big, but God made it happen!

2 comments:

  1. Jerri, this is so beautiful. YOU are so beautiful. I believe your books will be published and your paintings displayed, but you have already written on my soul and decorated my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Karen! I love your comment! It made my day! :) Jerri

    ReplyDelete